26 January 2009

Another night photo


Before I went digital I used to do a fair bit of night-time photography. When I got my first DSLR, the Pentax *istD, I didn't trust the battery enough to go out and play. So in the 4 years before I got the K20D I forgot all about it. The Night Shot I posted here in October was in fact my first digital attempt at night-time photography at all.
It gave an appetite for more.
The bridge above was one I found on my way home from the Eagle Photo Session last week. The K20D is excellent at long exposure times; I have no complaints so far about the level of noise reduction applied. The details for the above is 90 seconds at f/5.6 and ISO 200. The lens was a DA* 16-50/2.8.

The inspiration to get restarted with night-time photography, by the way, was Andy Frazer's Night Photography Blog.

.

No comments: